Assistant Chief Engineer
KEYE-TV, in Austin, TX, is seeking an Engineering Technician to install and maintain video, audio, and other equipment associated with television broadcasting. This includes server-based record and play-out systems, non-linear editors, production switchers, routing switchers, MPEG encoders, decoders, automation, news room computer systems, data networks, and broadcast transmission equipment.
Other Qualifications and Requirements:
• Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
• Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
• Be able to read and understand technical materials
• The ability to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
• The ability to concentrate for long periods of time
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
• Associate's degree (AA) in electronics is preferred
• A+ certification is preferred
• Avid Media Composer training is preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years of broadcast experience
• Working knowledge of broadcast station operations
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!