Since 1960, KEYC-TV/KMNF-LD, a CBS, CW, FOX and NBC affiliated media company, has succeeded with a culture that values skills, encourages creativity and fosters professional growth.
Enjoy all four seasons in the booming Greater Mankato metropolitan area. The friendly, welcoming region is a happy mix of city and country living.
We broadcast more than 22 hours of local news, weather and sports each week and maintain the most highly visited social media sites in southern Minnesota.
This position is responsible for maintaining all technology and maintaining all of the building systems. The IT Engineer will work closely with the Chief Engineer, as well as the other Department Heads. The IT Engineer will also work closely with Gray's information technology department.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, Maintain and Install Computer systems and networks
- Work with engineers to implement and maintain ''crossover'' computer systems to Audio/Video Systems
- Maintain equipment and support users for On Air and Live Production automation systems
- Responsible for keeping software licensing up to date and installed on systems
- Design implement and Maintain computer / network security policies
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science or higher
- 2 years experience with Windows operating systems, e-mail systems, FTP Servers, TCP/IP networking
- Knowledge of Broadcast A/V equipment combined with serial and IP communication and control.
- Have good People Skills to work with the other Departments.
- Must have knowledge of the engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events and programs.
- Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, IT technology, systems and be able to step in and assist in emergency situations.
- Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including automation, server, and desktop operating systems.
- A degree in broadcast engineering or related field/experience is preferred.
- Valid Driver's license.
• Pre-employment drug screening.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j33z-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.