- Full Time
Job DescriptionNews Producer
KCCI-TV, the CBS affiliate in Des Moines, IA has an opening for a News Producer who knows how to create meaningful and memorable newscasts. You have creative vision and have experience making decisions and communicating the plan. You know how to win the big story, own breaking news and display important weather information. You must be fast and able to play well in a room of same-minded pros. Accuracy is job one! You will report to an Executive Producer.
• Select, research, and write content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ''experience'' for viewers
• Work with and guide reporters in story production
• Coordinate creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
• Boothing assigned newscasts, breaking news and weather events
• Live timing newscasts
• Professional or college producing experience
• Experience working in a newsroom
• Have writing and copy-editing skills
• Coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• Experience summarizing information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Have and exhibit the highest journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts including nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• Related military experience will be considered
• In-person attendance is required
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That's why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst's benefit programs are modern, flexible and designed to focus on you. As a Hearst employee, you and your spouse or partner or dependents would have access to the following benefits.
• Medical | Dental | Vision
• 401(k) matching
• Emotional Wellness Support
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Parental Leave
• LGBTQ+ Health Services
• Additional benefits to meet your and your family's needs
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pxwq-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.