KCCI has an opening for an experienced Technical Director for our station's live, fast-paced newscasts. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of broadcast operations and production activities. The Technical Director will work together with directors and producers in planning newscasts and overseeing the crew on Newscast pre-production activities.
This a hands-on position in a mid-sized news-oriented broadcast television environment. Des Moines is ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a family. Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. What we do helps our community. If you are motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the premier broadcast companies in the country.
With a unique format, a dedication to hard news and the resources of Hearst Television, this is a rare opportunity to join one of the best.
This position is responsible for the visual direction of our morning newscasts. Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The Technical Director will be responsible for clean technical execution of the overall look as directed by the newscast director. The employee will also work (as needed) in regular shifts in an automated Master Control environment and live audio control.
• Should have experience working as a technical director at a commercial television station with extensive experience in the operation of a wide variety of broadcast equipment. Military experience in a similar role will also be considered. Please only list appropriate experience in prior-work history.
• Some experience operating Master Control would be preferred.
• Must be willing to work mornings and fill in during holidays and vacation.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Experience with a Sony DVS 9000 Production Switcher is preferred.
• Experience with ENPS, VIZ RT graphics, Imagine Automation (for MC) and Bitcentral video playback will be helpful.
• College Degree in Broadcast Communications or related field preferred.
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will also be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnwn6-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.