KCBD NewsChannel 11 is the NBC affiliate in Lubbock, Texas and the dominant #1 station in the market. KCBD strives to provide an atmosphere for our employees that fosters career advancement, professional development, and a dedication to creative thinking. KCBD NewsChannel 11 is owned by Gray Television of Atlanta, Georgia. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 94 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets.
Come work with the best advertising and marketing team in West Texas! KCBD is searching for a creative marketing professional to produce advertiser commercials and news promotions. You will help develop strategic and impactful marketing campaigns for local businesses, create and maintain brand recognition for the number 1 news station in the market, and stretch your creative muscles daily in a fun, exciting work atmosphere.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
You will will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, producing, and editing commercials, station promotions, public service announcements, and long-form productions, for multiple media, including broadcast and digital. You will work with media sales staff and local business owners on marketing campaigns, providing expert advice and creative guidance for commercial advertising strategies. Together with a team of other marketing professionals and the marketing director, you will help elevate the promotion of our market-leading newscasts, flagship Investigates franchise, First Alert Weather brand, and overall messaging of ''Coverage You Can Count On.'' You will be responsible for the planning and execution of commercials and promotions on deadlines and with the expert creative eye expected of KCBD NewsChannel 11 creative services production.
- Ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Keen eye on industry trends to generate new promotional ideas and opportunities for the station.
- Experience in videography.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and script writing.
- Assist with station sponsored events.
- With Marketing director, create and maintain a consistent, effective visual brand for station, news content presentation, and marketing applications.
- Record and edit video and shoot still photography when needed.
- Write marketing and advertising copy for scripts and social media posts.
- knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and related 2D or 3D graphics and editing software and plugins.
- Strong understanding of visual marketing and advertising philosophy and techniques.
- Highly creative and self-motivated.
- Meet with clients and sales executives to determine the needs of a client, business, or organization and collaborate to create marketing solutions.
- Help plan and staff station and community events.
- Proficient videography and lighting skills.
- Able to transport oneself with company vehicle to client meetings and on location shoots.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record (will be reviewed).
- Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing is possible throughout employment.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo022-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.