- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionIT Ops Technician, KBZK
The IT Ops Tech II will support the installation and maintenance of employee equipment and systems including desktop computers, mobile phones, faxes and printers. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
• Administers and maintains security of operating systems.
• Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing backup procedures.
• Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
• Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
• Assist in racking and connecting new equipment as needed, including running and terminating new cabling
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Associates degree preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
• 1 - 3 years experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Experience with basic system administration tools & processes
• Strong computer networking skills and organizational skills.
• Able to conform to high security environment and execute the rules governing the Scripps company security and controls policies.
• Able to work with in stressful situations and multi-task as necessary
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, fishing enthusiasts, boaters and every other mixture of diverse backgrounds, passions and life experiences. We are a community of welcoming, mission-focused, and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
WHERE YOU'LL LIVE, WORK AND PLAY:
Bozeman, Montana, has a history still alive with the remnants of by-gone days and sustains a local heritage that can still be found throughout the community with nine historical districts and more than 40 individual properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The town of Bozeman provides a very unique environment for a different kind of a lifestyle and often tops lists of best places to live. It is blessed with relatively good weather, outstanding scenery, unparalleled recreational opportunities, world-class fishing, plenty of cultural activities, galleries, museums, and the like. Tech start-up companies are prevalent and growing in the area.
The Bozeman area has served as a filming site for a number of films, including The Wildest Dream, A River Runs Through It, A Plumm Summer and Amazing Grace and Chuck. Bozeman is a short (and beautiful) drive to Yellowstone National Park. Big Sky resort draws the world's wealthiest people as well as A-list celebrities. If you're skiing at Big Sky, you could literally run into your favorite celebrity or professional athlete. Bozeman is also an up-and-coming foodie town. We have very few chain restaurants because people here want the unique experience of dining local-from pizzerias that feature southwest Montana's best home-grown ingredients to steakhouses that showcase local grass-fed and sustainably raised beef.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp72pe-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.