KBTX Media operates the CBS and CW affiliates in Bryan-College Station, Texas, serving an 18-county area known as the Brazos Valley. For more than 60 years, we've been the dominant choice for local news and entertainment. Our team produces six newscasts each weekday and three each weekend, totaling nearly 25 hours each week.
KBTX is routinely recognized among the best in the state by organizations including the Associated Press, RTDNA and the Lone Star EMMY Chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. In 2019, the station was honored with the Texas Association of Broadcasters' Bonner McLane Public Service award, as well as three regional Murrow Awards for best breaking news coverage, continuing coverage and newscast. KBTX is also a recent Texas AP Broadcasters/Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas Station of the Year and Texas Associated Press Broadcasters Station of the Year.
KBTX has launched the careers of many well-known journalists, meteorologists and network executives, and takes pride in helping talent grow quickly into the nation's largest television markets. The work family of KBTX is made up of a group of dedicated, professional and passionate individuals who are the backbone of our daily mission.
Bryan-College Station, Texas is a community of more than 250,000 people and the largest single metro in the Waco-Temple-Bryan DMA. The twin cities have a unique small-town feeling, but offers big city amenities, including a vibrant arts community, a city-wide, all-terrain trail system and world-class dining and nightlife. Bryan and College Station are routinely recognized as a leader in quality of life and as one of the fastest growing communities in the country.
College Station is also home to Texas A&M University, the nation's largest university. Aggie home football games attract more than 100,000 in the stands, with tens of thousands more camped outside celebrating at tailgates during football weekends.
Learn more about KBTX at: http://vimeo.com/351267460
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Design, Maintain and Install Computer systems and networks
• Work with engineers to implement and maintain ''crossover'' computer systems to Audio/Video Systems
• Maintain equipment and support users for On Air and Live Production automation systems
• Responsible for keeping software licensing up to date and installed on systems
• Design implement and Maintain computer / network security policies
• Assist engineering in their everyday duties as a broadcast facility
• Maintain Video Servers and editing systems
• Work flexible hours when needed
• Point of contact for corporate IT
• Provide assistance as needed for remote broadcasts
• Help maintain corporate trouble ticket system as required to support all Departments, including News, Production, Control Room and Sales team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY:
• Advanced IT knowledge and understanding of VM systems
• Knowledge of the inner workings of a broadcast facility
• Able to troubleshoot computers to board level
• Management of Windows active directory network
• Ability to work under high stress situations
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
• Associates Degree in Electronics or Computer Science or higher
• 2 years experience with Windows operating systems, e-mail systems, FTP Servers, TCP/IP networking
• Knowledge of Broadcast A/V equipment combined with serial and IP communication and control.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yj2m-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.