Sports Director - KBJR
Duluth is located on Lake Superior, the greatest of the Great Lakes. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, then you can consider Duluth paradise. If you prefer the offerings of the big city life, the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are a short drive down I-35. Our building, office space and studios are state of the art. Located in Canal Park, considered one of Minnesota's top tourist destinations. We have views of Lake Superior and the Hillside of Downtown Duluth. We are walking distance to the Lakewalk, Aerial Lift Bridge and many fine restaurants, shops, and clubs.
Learn more about Duluth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohxvt9jZbLg
KBJR Television is looking for a Sports Director to lead our Sports Department. We're looking for a leader who can work closely with the rest of the newsroom to create engaging newscasts.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, plan and produce daily stories
- Coordinate and plan coverage
- Coordinate with others on daily content and special events
- Shoot write and edit sports stories, emphasizing local sports for multiple platforms
- Report live from various sporting events
- Anchoring Newscasts
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to lead a team
- Knowledge and passion for sports
- Must have hockey knowledge
- Degree in journalism, broadcasting or related field
- Engaging and comfortable on air personality
- Excellent communicator
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Reporting or anchoring experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and information under pressure are required
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g32069-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.