KARE 11, the TEGNA owned NBC affiliate in Minneapolis, MN is looking for a Studio Technician!
This part time position is responsible for all aspects of live productions in the studio. Responsibilities include but not limited to operating the teleprompter, moving set elements, positioning props, placing microphones on guests, cueing talent to proper cameras while and communicating time cues relayed from the show director.
Essential Job Functions:
Set Up studio set elements for each show including the following:
• Work with camera operator to prep set areas and camera shots in the studio as needed
• Turn on/off backyard set and studio set lighting systems before and after each show as needed
• Light backyard gas fireplace as an outside set element
• Set up outdoor patio furniture in KARE-11 backyard as requested by the director
• Maintain backyard water feature (Keep free of debris)
• Shovel snow away from performance area for outside weather coverage during winter months
• Clean and prep studio before and after each shift
• Learn Robotic Camera operations including pedestal locations, pan, tilt, zoom controls and camera shading
• Understanding of basic computer functions
• Understanding operations of studio cameras and microphones
• Load wireless microphones and IFB packs with batteries
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a live, fast-paced studio environment
• Familiar with TV studio operations
• Good Listener
• Detail oriented
• Able to take directions well from others
• Able to work varying shift times and days
• Work well under pressure with quick thinking
• Able to work around operational issues and find solutions
• Creative thinker
• Able to work well within a team environment
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7wpx9-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.