KARE 11 is searching for a creative and energetic person to foster community connections, manage projects and grow the station's contribution to people in the region. The ideal candidate is an innovative thinker and passionate about how KARE 11's outreach, coverage and messages can positively impact the people in Minnesota and NW Wisconsin. This is your opportunity to put a strategy to work and execute the projects that develop our brand and do good for the people we touch.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Collaborate to develop and execute KARE 11's community events and campaigns with the goal of increasing community support and enhancing the station's brand value.
• Create and provide project management as well as internal communications with all station departments, to ensure successful execution of community campaigns.
• Write and create relevant videos or photos for use in social media posts, digital content and press releases about station events and news staff.
• Collaborate with marketing team to develop marketing messages (on-air, digital, social, print etc.) related to station's involvement in community events and projects.
• Provide project management for the community grant-making process that awards financial support to local non-profit organizations.
• Execute all internal and external communications around KARE 11's community-based initiatives.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish meetings between community leaders and station staff.
• Use Wide Orbit to pull value recaps for sponsored campaigns and community partnerships.
• Review the PSA's sent to us by various nonprofits to determine if they should be placed in our available inventory.
• Produce and file the station's FCC issues & illustrative programming report on a quarterly basis.
• Facilitate relationships with community organizations that meet our coverage strategy and brand focus. Advocate for community partnerships within KARE 11 and provide support to the content teams.
• Coordinate employee volunteer efforts with station-sponsored community campaigns.
• Serve as a liaison when requests are made from the community for station talent.
• Maintain a calendar of station-sponsored events.
• Represent the station on community boards or committees where appropriate and as needed.
• Develop partner agreements that foster strong relationships and support the strategic impact of the KARE 11 brand.
• Lead station tours and assist with onboarding new staff.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years event marketing, public relations, project management or content production.
• Strong writing and communications skills with grammatical proficiency
• Excellent time management and project management skills.
• Comfortable and confident solving problems, making real-time decisions and executing to meet a plan.
• Ability to create Power Point or similar presentations and communicate plans and proposals to individuals and groups.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, media-focused environment.
• Experience in media and a regular consumer of news are highly desirable.
• Self-starting individual who can work independently, with the ability to lead and develop multiple projects at the same time.
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwoom2-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.