Job Title: Attendant – Authentic Merchandise Sales
Job Summary: The Authentic Sales Associate will primarily focus on retail operations. Candidate will be in a sales role during home games and provide fans great customer service. Other duties will include merchandising and stocking the Authentics store, managing inventory levels, using a point-of-sales system for customer payment, and assisting with other game-day needs. This role is part-time.
• Assist with in-store operations on game days including merchandising, customer service, pricing, and day-to-day maintenance
• Successfully convey the details of the Major League Baseball Authentication program to guests
• Provide support to the department by maintaining consistency and operation under the store's standards
• Other related duties as assigned
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
• Ability to work independently, prioritize, and handle multiple projects
• Possess a professional and positive attitude
• Strong time management, organizational, and customer service skills
• Detail oriented and able to work in high-pressure environment
• Proven experience in a team environment
• Effective writing, telephone, and verbal communication skills
• Available to work at minimum two games per homestand throughout the entire season
• Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
• Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwo4jy-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.