WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at technical production? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the production and experience space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is looking for a Technical Producer to manage all experience related production and operations. This position will provide experience related building management at Insomniac Events. Insomniacs Experience department, the word is self-explanatory, is responsible for the overall experience of the festivals that Insomniac produces. The Experience department works very closely with our design team to make their plans reality. It will be the task of the Technical Producer to work together with the teams (Site Décor, VIP, Art Operations, Entertainment, Staging) and execute those designs in a timely manner and within budget.
The Technical Producer will also work closely with our in-house fabrication / scenic shop, Electric Sky Fabrication. This position reports into the SVP, Production and Operations.
• Mentor and lead the Insomniac Experience production and operations team to ensure project milestones and goals are achieved
• Partner with CAD designer to create efficient experience plans that aim to create operational efficiencies and the ultimate Insomniac experience while following fire and safety regulations
• Partner with site production to establish and place all experience production items on site per the CAD drawings
• Liaise on site with experience production vendors; communicate changes in a timely fashion, execute the build to Insomniac's standards
• Partner with production finance on budget forecasting updates and managing the P&L
• Advance experience production needs with vendors based on the needs of all departments
• Partner with contracted site production regarding; event site advancing, creating vendor orders, obtaining vendor quotes and negotiation of rates to effectively plan projects as necessary
• Provide support in creation and maintenance of production schedule for build and strike for all event areas
• Provide flexible and on the spot problem resolution for unforeseeable issues and aid departments with relevant needs
• Collaborate cross-departmentally regarding infrastructure needs and communicate with department heads for necessary approved requests and advise on potentially unnecessary requests based on each individual site
• Advise on ways to most efficiently use all site assets and equipment for build and strike
• Advise on ways to most efficiently partner with site and experience production vendors, schedule and build crews
• Special projects as requested and needed
• 15+ years of experience in music festival and scenic production
• Leadership experience in the development, launch, and large-scale live event operations
• Experience managing labor crews of 50+ people
• Experience with Sketch-Up, Scenic or Graphic Design
• Extensive AV and rigging knowledge
• OSHA certification required
• Extensive knowledge of technical aspects of concert and event production
• Ability to solve logistical and technical problems including staging, lighting, video, scenic and sound
• Able to create and maintain large scale event budgets and projects simultaneously
• Proficient technical skills in Microsoft Office, project management software, etc.
• Extensive resolution management experience
• Proficient in CAD or VECTOR is a plus
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Last but not least needs to be a TEAM player!
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently work and travel to work events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines