WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at building exciting and unforgettable displays? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture as well as creating memorable experiences. Is this you? Read on…
The Site Experience Laborer is responsible for ensuring the success of the event productions by performing the technical and physical aspects related to show production.
• Performs the load-in and out of department equipment and props
• Assist with audio/lighting cabling as needed
• Responsible for communicating details of the event to crew leads
• Assist with maintenance and repair of equipment and props
• Comply with company safety regulations
• Operate and care for work areas in a safe, clean manner
• Project a professional image by working steadily, being a team player and being responsible for personal actions
• Safely operate various types of utility vehicles and heavy equipment providing appropriate certification
• Follow all safety, corporate and department policies
• Follow written and verbal instructions
• Use various hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment
• Assist with emergency and unscheduled repairs
• Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report to crew lead
• Perform all other duties as assigned or needed
• 1+ years minimum festival or concert tour experience
• Must possess valid and current driver license
• Must possess valid and current U.S. passport
• Must possess valid and current credit card for hotel incidentals
• Ability to operate equipment such as forklift, boom lift, scissor lift etc.
• Ability to use hand tools, saws, etc.
• Knowledge in basic lighting
• Must be highly motivated and possess superior interpersonal communication skills
• Working knowledge of web and mobile technologies as well as two-way radio
• Must possess working mobile device, preferably smart phone
• Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs, lifting up to 75lbs.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours and travel to events, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.