Insomniac - Temp PT PR Coordinator
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Are you passionate about Public Relations and Communications? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the public relations space. Is this you? Read on…
The PR Coordinator will provide support to the publicity team across Insomniac's expansive portfolio of concerts, festivals and new business initiatives. This position will compile press clips, track marketing assets and timelines, execute creative brainstorms, write press releases and news pitches, track the competitive landscape, and other administrative tasks. This position reports to the PR Manager and is not a remote position.
• Compile and deliver daily Insomniac press clips and weekly reports to PR team and brand stakeholders
• Research and main up-to-date media database and contact lists for all media types and global markets with current Insomniac presence
• Build target media lists for concert and festival announcements for PR team to pitch and secure coverage opportunities
• Participate in team brainstorms for event strategy and planning, listen in on department meetings and conference calls
• Monitor and respond to media inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org to maintain journalist relationships for club shows, concerts, and festivals
• Update and maintain the press.insomniac.com site with current festival information
• Assist in media request approvals and denials for all club shows, concerts, and festivals
• Liaise with marketing team and promoters to keep up to date on key messaging points and important dates for all concerts and festivals
• Maintain and update the communication team's Dropbox and Google Drive with current press releases, images, general event information and all other documents, as needed
• Assist in the creation of Electronic Press Kits and one-sheets for festivals and brands
• Create a ''Festival Book'' for each festival with all relevant event information including staff list, crisis communications messages etc.
• Draft and edit a variety of different content to support communications and marketing efforts for press releases, festival recaps, news articles, interview talking points and other things as needed
• Assist in press release formatting and distribution through third-party email platform
• Coordinate with outside firms on fact checking, announcement schedules and accompanying media assets
• Pull photo selects following concerts and branded shows
• Collect and source data for internal research projects and pitch decks
• Project-manage various other short-term assignments, as requested
• Provide support at events on site as needed (i.e., managing media check-in and/or staffing the press lounge)
• All other press related duties as requested
• Must have at least one year of music PR experience or related internship experience
• Basic media contacts across dance music and industry trade publications preferred
• Strong writing skills across multiple mediums – press materials, pitches, internal communication, etc.
• Familiarity with the ever-changing media landscape across dance music and on a broader, national scale
• Must be able to work out of Be Calabasas, CA office 2-3 days a week for eight hours each day
• Must have deep understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and have working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop) and Google Docs (Sheets + Docs)
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Knowledge of dance music and Insomniac's brands
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels and busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to travel to work during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rev001-44-200-74-241-42 in your application.