UX Designer - Valorant
Los Angeles, CA
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at all things creative? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the creative and design space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is a Los Angeles-based music events group founded in 1993 by Pasquale Rotella. Our portfolio includes massive festivals like Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas-the largest multi-day music festival in North America-nightclubs like Space in Miami, and countless one-off parties throughout the country and the world. Insomniac is known for producing the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world, having created more than 400 over the last 2.5 decades. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction.
There would be no Insomniac without our colorful community of fans, who we call our Headliners. Everything we do and strive to be centers on them. Our founder Pasquale is obsessed with creating inclusive and empowering experiences for his fans and building goodwill and loyalty for the long-term.
This position supports the Insomniac Apparel Group division, led by legendary streetwear designer Rick Klotz. We make apparel and accessories for all music festivals and record labels and artist collabs, as well as two streetwear brands: iconic 90s LA streetwear label Freshjive, and Insomniac LTD, which is inspired by early 90s rave/warehouse party culture and fashion.
The Apparel Group at Insomniac has ambitious goals for growth, and the team is growing. Insomniac is looking for a Lead Designer to handle all aspects of garment designs, from inception and partnering with Creative Merchandise Director, to garment specs and tech packs, partnering with product development specialists, operations manager, graphic designers, along with following up on project developments. The Lead Designer is responsible for all garment approvals. This position reports to the Creative Merchandise Director.
• Strategize, search and build out new ideas, whilst having a deep understanding of the competitive landscape; bring new concepts to the team with a focus on dance music and an understanding of contemporary street wear culture and trends
• Sketch and build out new concepts in a variety of mediums that fuel inspiration and innovation
• Partner with design, merchandising and product team members to build the future of the fashion line
• Develop and manage creative design and execution of product within the guidelines of the brand identity
• Facilitate accountability for staying on schedule for both external resources and internal teams
• Create packs with detailed specifications that include garment measurements, construction details and trim/fabric information
• Research trends and bring in new ideas through competitive shopping, forecasting websites and runway shows
• Design trim, fabric and embellishment research
• Track development samples to ensure samples are received on time and are up to standard
• Create cost sheets and product lists on Excel before specific launches
• Organize all design material and assets in centralized database management system
• Create design flats, pattern layouts, tech packs, embellishment artworks using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Track and lead the coordination of confirmation and engineering sample
• Build and update design presentation boards and provide support in preparation of meetings when needed
• Collaborate cross-functionally with merchandising, sourcing and product development on regular basis.
• Partner with marketing team to ensure product knowledge and attributes are clearly communicated to our headliners and selected target demographics
• Ensures consistency of look between differing businesses and multiple categories
• Develop classifications, within the framework of the assortment plan, to reflect a balance between fashion/trend as well as core and emerging businesses presentation to and selection by the merchant and product development
• Responsible for identifying and executing opportunities within the product development process for continuous improvement
• Other special projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 8+ years of experience working in a high growth business and have a performance background with deep expertise in apparel design
• Proven ability in setting priorities, fostering cohesive and inspiring cross functional teams
• Deep expertise in garment deign, marketing and/or related experience
• Proficient use of Adobe Suite, Excel, & Microsoft Office
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours and travel to events to work, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7vp1-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.