Remote / Virtual
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you have experience in design & creative landscape? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies a passion for both dance music culture and design space. Is this you? Read on…
The CAD Designer is responsible for creating detailed 2D site plans for all Insomniac festivals and concerts. You will work in an office setting, but at times will need to fulfill travel requirements and work on site. This position reports to the Senior CAD Designer. This is not a fully remote position.
• Prepare detailed, multi-layered 2D site plans drawings for all experience elements for festivals and concerts using AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Ensure that safety standards are maintained on every experience plan and understand code for each city
• Help develop and maintain a standard site plan layout for all Insomniac festivals to help accelerate the site plan development process
• Conduct site visits to gather data needed to complete the site plans for each show
• Be able to specify a series of points or select an object to find the enclosed area and other geometric information from objects such as distance, radius, angle, and volume.
• Create GEOTAGGED files for GPS marking for each venue as needed
• Work with site production team to place all key festival elements during build process
• Prepare capacity studies for the entire site and for specific stage audience areas as requested
• Create as-built plans of each festival/concert for record and use in future planning
• Communicate with various departments and incorporate knowledge gained into drawings
• Identify and communicate potential design problems to festival producer
• Manage workflow by utilizing project management tool (Asana)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• At least 5 years of experience in 2D/3D CAD work, ideally in outdoor applications
• Strong GPS Geotag mapping skills
• Live event experience strongly preferred
• Drone Operator knowledge not required but strongly preferred
• Detail oriented with a strong grasp of the overall big picture
• Strong understanding of prioritization in a demanding & fast-paced work environment • Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficient in organization and multitasking on projects pertaining to numerous shows at once
• Ability to identify and solve problems in an efficient manner
• Comfortable working in always-on, fast-paced, start-up environment
• Possesses deep passion for music; motivated to learn ins-and-outs of industry
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, strategic and marketing information • Open to traveling and working events on nights, holidays, and weekends
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Google Drive (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
• Strong knowledge of AutoCad and Civil Engineering
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Suites (Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates when traveling to work events
• Must be willing to frequently work and travel to events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines and work events
• Must be able to work on site in various work locations for extended periods of time
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5jy60-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.