WHO ARE WE?
Insomniac produces some of the most innovative, immersive music festivals and events in the world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art lighting, pyrotechnics and sound design, large-scale art installations, theatrical performers and next generation special effects, our events captivate the senses and inspire a unique level of fan interaction. The quality of the Headliner experience is our top priority.
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Entertainment Hair Specialist to join our Entertainment team. This position reports to the Entertainment Director.
• Prepare hair & wigs styled to an approved design for performers of events.
• Restyle, maintain, & make alternations or adjustments to wigs according to the daily schedule for all shows.
• Work closely with a variety of performers in the application of wigs during show run, rehearsals, preparation, and show changes.
• Assist fellow team members with wigs & quick changes in both set-up and run of show.
• Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned by the lead hair artist or director.
• Always maintain a safe working environment, conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
• Repair, construct, clean and prep wigs for the run of the show.
• Maintain ongoing maintenance of wigs, headdresses, or hairpieces etc.
• Maintain documentation for maintenance and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
• Proper clean up, repack, & storage of all hair & related items at the end of each show.
• Fast pace – artist must be able to move quickly & efficiently in high volume to make show launch times.
• Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and quality of end product.
• Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Teamwork – working well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Independence - guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Dependability - being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Diploma in hairstyling or at least 3 years of relevant experience in all aspects of hairdressing/styling.
• Able to wash and set wigs and recreate a style from a photo in a clear and defined manner.
• Hands on knowledge in appropriate use of styling tools.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of live entertainment and Insomniac brands/shows.
• Experience in entertainment, theater, theme park, & or live events is a plus.
• Some travel may be requested.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.