Insomniac - EDC Orlando 2023 Seasonal Entertainment Makeup Artist
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at costume or character makeup styles? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the event operations space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Entertainment Makeup Artist to join our Entertainment team with focus on costume and character makeup. This position reports to the Entertainment Director.
• Execute makeup looks styled to an approved design for performers of events.
• Duplicate work on a regular basis & within a team to ensure conformity and consistency in look appearance.
• Cooperate with lead artist or director to achieve the desired end effect when applying makeup.
• Work closely with a variety of performers in the application of makeup during show run, rehearsals, preparation, and show changes.
• Read entertainment department look books to ascertain the appropriate materials and the look required.
• Ensure makeup looks are photo ready and well-applied in day & night settings.
• Assist fellow team members with looks & quick changes during run of show.
• Assist in touch ups during events & ensure quality of the overall product throughout.
• Always maintain a safe working environment, conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
• Document specific looks by taking photos or writing makeup sheets that can be referred to for future use.
• Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned by the lead makeup artist or director.
• Proper clean up, repack, & storage of all makeup & related items at the end of each show.
• Makeup artists may be asked to use & apply prosthetics or have knowledge of SFX techniques to achieve a desired look for some events. (specified role)
• Makeup artists may be asked to use an airbrush, supply their own equipment, & have knowledge of airbrush techniques and materials to achieve a desired look for some events. (specified role)
• Fast pace – artist must be able to move quickly & efficiently in high volume to make show launch times.
• Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and quality of end product.
• Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Teamwork – working well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Independence - guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Dependability - being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Diploma in cosmetology or at least 3 years of relevant experience in all aspects of makeup.
• Hands on knowledge in appropriate use of makeup & tools.
• Detailed knowledge of the latest products, services and industry techniques.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of live entertainment and Insomniac brands/shows.
• Experience in entertainment, theater, theme park, & or live events is a plus.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Some travel may be requested.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxb47q-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.