WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you have experience in design & creative landscape? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies a passion for both dance music culture and design space. Is this you? Read on…
The CAD Designer is responsible for creating detailed 3D site plans for all Insomniac creations. This is not a remote position.
• Prepare detailed, multi-layered 3D CAD drawings for all experience elements for festivals and concerts
• Help create shop / fabrication drawings as needed to support our fabrication shop
• Ensure that safety standards are maintained on every experience plan
• Learn the standard site plan layout for all Insomniac festivals to help accelerate the site plan development process
• Create drawings with measurements for placement of site items and be onsite during festival load-in to confirm accurate placement
• Be able to specify a series of points or select an object to find the enclosed area and other geometric information from objects such as distance, radius, angle, and volume.
• Prepare capacity studies for the entire site and for specific stage audience areas as requested
• Create as built plans of projects for record and use for following planning
• At least 5 years' experience in 3D CAD work, ideally in outdoor applications
• Live event experience a definite asset
• Strong in both task-oriented & overall big picture
• Strong understanding of prioritization in a demanding & fast-paced work environment
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficient in organization and multi-tasking on projects pertaining to numerous shows at once
• Ability to identify and solve problems in efficient manner
• Comfortable working in always on, fast-paced, start-up environment
• Possesses deep passion for music; motivated to learn ins-and-outs of industry
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, strategic and marketing information
• Open to traveling and working events on the weekend
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Google Drive (Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently work and travel to events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines and work events
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89056-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.