Full Time Job
Boo Seattle Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at costume or character styles? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the event operations space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist to join our Entertainment team. This position reports to the Entertainment Director.
• Prepare & organize the wardrobe area for efficiency & speed.
• Assign, document, & recollect wardrobe items of an approved design to entertainers at the wardrobe check in & out at events.
• Work closely with a variety of performers in the distribution & styling of costume elements, props, footwear & accessories during show run, rehearsals, preparation, and show changes.
• Fit performers to costume sizing that is suited best for body shape & size.
• Provide feedback on all personal appearances and recommend grooming changes if required.
• Ensure the quality & final product of each look before deployment on the event grounds by utilizing the 8-point checklist in the wardrobe outline.
• Assist fellow team members with quick changes in both set-up and run of show.
• Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned by the lead wardrobe supervisor or director.
• Repair, clean, and prep wardrobe for the run of the show.
• Make alternations, adjustments, or mend wardrobe items when approved according to needs for all shows.
• Maintain ongoing maintenance of costumes, footwear, props, or accessories etc.
• Always maintain a safe working environment, conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain documentation for maintenance and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
• Proper clean up, repack, & storage of all wardrobe & related items at the end of each show.
• Fast pace – must be able to move quickly & efficiently in high volume to make show launch times.
• Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and quality of end product.
• Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Teamwork – working well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Independence - guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Dependability - being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Diploma in fashion, textiles, costuming, production arts, or at least 3 years of relevant experience in all aspects of wardrobe, costuming, or styling.
• Practical skills in hand and machine sewing.
• Able to style & recreate a look from a photo/ description in a clear and defined manner.
• Hands on knowledge of how to repair costuming, accessories, & footwear.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of live entertainment and Insomniac brands/shows.
• Experience in entertainment, theater, theme park, & or live events is a plus.
• Some travel may be requested.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1x6pv-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.