WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at back of house operations? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a strong background in operations management. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is currently seeking an Operations Manager who focuses on back of house (BOH) operations. This person is detail oriented and experienced in managing multiple departments within the operations within the back of house areas of Insomniac concerts. They are able to pre plan and execute upon plan in a way that is the most effective for Insomniac's festival model. This position will heavily focus on event credentials operations and access control. This position will report to the Senior Operations Manager, Back of House. This is not a remote position.
OPERATIONS & LOGISTICS
• Oversee all departmental planning and execution of Back of House (BOH) operations
• Create and project manage staff guide creation and ensure it is distributed to all departments on site
• On site production and operations runner and information hub for all staff and vendors
• Partner with operations team on developing policies and procedures, assisting in operations planning and cost estimates, and overseeing staff for shows
• Engage in BOH logistical and operational improvements and capital projects by providing recommendations for improvements and working with Promoter and Producer to obtain bids, and develop ROI analysis
• Partner with Producer to manage daily production meetings while keeping track of timeline progressions
• Provide support amongst other departments on site as needed
REPORTING & ADVANCING
• Responsible for departmental forecast and invoice submission with the ultimate goal of closing out a show under or meeting forecasted budget
• Partner with festival Promoter and Producer to adjust budget forecast and actuals to meet all goals
• Oversee advances, budgets and logistics for the following areas of production: credentials artist dressing rooms, hospitality, artist lounge, artist relations, artist transportation, catering, credentials and radios, hotels, and office assignments
• Oversee advancing logistics for all Insomniac staff and vendors for festivals and concerts
• Frequent travel will be required (economy)
• 5+ years of event coordinating, planning and execution experience required
• Proficient user and administrator of spreadsheets
• Ability to effectively manage dynamic groups of staff in variety of levels
• Experience in vendor, venue and event operations, tours, including artist communication and settlements
• Proficient user of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work and travel to work events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7vww-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.