WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at entertainment law? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of law space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is looking for a lawyer who has knowledge of the event and entertainment space. This person must also have prior experience drafting complex artist agreements. This position will successfully partner closely with internal and external partners. This position is not a remote position.
• Structure, draft and negotiate high volume of agreements for company and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to talent, vendor, contractor, co-promotion, venue and publishing agreements
• Ensure vendors are in compliance with contractual obligations
• Manage legal compliance review for Insomniac Music Group
• Provide legal assistance for stakeholders from other departments, including but not limited to talent, business development, production, marketing, and accounting, as necessary
• Support development of forms, processes and policies
• Assist with other project and duties as assigned on a regular or occasional basis
• JD and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
• 2+ years of experience in the entertainment legal industry
• Subject matter expertise with and a deep and broad understanding of the entertainment and live events landscape
• Proven ability to work independently while effectively supporting and collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Strong analytical skills and a solutions-oriented approach to addressing challenges
• Practical and sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Proficient user of Microsoft suite
• Must have clean criminal and driving record, valid driver's license, passport, and car insurance
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates when onsite at events
• Must be willing to travel to work during holiday, evening, weekend hours and travel to events, as required
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g66woq-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.