Manager, Royalty Accounting
Universal Music Group
Remote / Virtual
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today's dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
This position will play a key support and technical role in the administration of various financial and reporting system tasks pertaining to the monthly client distribution/participation cycles at Ingrooves Music Group. She/He will own certain distribution/royalty accounting functions, ensuring execution and continued alignment with the overall Finance department's responsibilities, requirements, and goals.
How you'll CREATE:
• Administer and audit reporting from digital and physical sales partners and resolve discrepancies
• Coordinate preparation stages for systemic generation of monthly client sales reporting and accounting statement packages
• Handle both upload templates and system UI integration processes dealing with metadata/database maintenance for monthly sales and participation processing
• Track, prepare, and maintain various spreadsheets and data schedules to ensure accurate accounting
• Assist with accounting statement reconciliations
• Work with UMG globally to manage and maintain the accounting of international sales partners
• Liaise with clients directly to answer any reporting or payment questions
• Help with month-end close and prepare recurring and ad-hoc analysis for other internal/external reporting requirements
• Handle invoice, cost review and approval workflows
• Other Administrative duties as needed
Bring your VIBE:
• 1-3 years' experience in a distribution, participations, or royalty accounting role preferred
• Background in accounting and/or finance preferred
• Proficiency with MS-Office Suite and possess outstanding Excel skills (e.g. Nested Functions, V-Lookups, Pivot tables, etc.)
• Extremely detail-oriented, excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives
• Ability to handle multiple projects, deal with tight deadlines, and work independently
• Customer-service oriented
• Willingness to work outside normal responsibilities to achieve desired results
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
• SAP experience a plus
• AR/AP experience a plus
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx9zk-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.