Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Technoprops-ILM designs and manufactures state-of-the-art virtual production hardware and software, including facial capture headrigs, virtual cameras, wireless active markers, and other specialty devices.
You will join a rich interdisciplinary team and will collaborate with Disney Research and ILM R&D in developing the next generation of facial capture technology.
What you'll do
• Collaborate at the architectural level on the design of our next generation of HMCs (Helmet Mounted Cameras)
• Design, simulate, integrate and test custom VHDL IP to create new Technoprops on set devices and augment existing devices
• Write embedded software at the hardware abstraction and application layers
• Support development of PCB assemblies including signal speeds up to 12.5 Gbps
What we're looking for
• Bachelors or higher degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
• Experience with system level integration of products using SoCs and microcontrollers, data and video interfaces such as USB 3, CoaXPress and MIPI CSI-2.
• Familiarity with real-time image processing implementations such as 2d convolution based filters, LUTs, debayering, upscaling.
• Experience with high-speed (GHz) signal integrity and PCB design techniques.
• Demonstrated strong VHDL or Verilog skills; logical and physical design, timing closure.
• Demonstrated ability to bring FPGA subsystem from concept through release to manufacturing.
• Experience analyzing root cause, design debugging, and problem solving with engineering test equipment.
• Familiarity with device driver architecture in Linux.
• Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
• 3+ years of experience designing imaging systems.
• 5+ years of experience in electrical hardware development.
• Experience with MIPI CSI-2 video interface.
• Experience writing camera device drivers in embedded Linux.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznvqq-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.