Sr FX Technical Director
Industrial Light & Magic
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
A Lead Animator is responsible for designing and creating the motion of computer graphics characters within a shot while overseeing the animation of a sequence of shots on a specific production.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for leading the creation of outstanding animation for graphics, creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs.
• Comprehend and execute direction from Animation Supervisor.
• Oversee the work of entry, mid and senior level animators and provide day-to-day support and guidance at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production.
• Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
• Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team
Reports to the Talent Manager, Animation and receives daily oversight and direction from the Animation Supervisor.
• Experience/BA in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
• Completion of a minimum of three years as a Senior-Level Animator in collaboration with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
• Excellent organization, honesty and communications skills
• Proficiency with Linux desired.
• Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
• Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8zw7-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.