Sr FX Technical Director
Industrial Light & Magic
London, United Kingdom
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The main focus of the position will be to create crowd simulations for our CG scenes, using either off the shelf or our own proprietary software to populate cities, large scale environments and choreograph battles.
What you'll do
• Creating the motion of crowds,
• Animation and simulations on shots or sequences.
• Integrating Massive software into ILM's proprietary pipeline
What we're looking for
• Knowledge of Massive Software.
• Experience working on high-end VFX feature-film productions.
• Strong crowd and layout skills including asset integration, scene setup and running simulations.
• Experience working with motion capture and/or clip-based animation.
• Strong working knowledge of Maya.
• Proficiency with Linux.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high-quality output.
• Working understanding of Mel and/or Python.
• Knowledge of 'Maya-to-Massive' workflow.
• A keen eye for how crowds flock and move.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roxeo2-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.