Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
• Expected to 'mentor' entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation
Required Skills / Competencies
• Proven experience working in Computer Animation, Stop-Motion or CEL with experience working on feature films or episodic television.
• Demonstrable knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while displaying exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references
• Significant experience delivering VFX Animation performances as a Mid-Level Animator
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
• Working knowledge of Maya and other VFX related software programs. Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting a plus.
• Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
• Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and production processes.
• Excellent organization and communications skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2211-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.