Hulu's Media Engineering Video Playback team is seeking a Technical Program Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Technical Program Manager at Hulu, you will lead complex and cross team programs for the core feature area of Playback and Video streaming. The right person for this role has a solid focus on understanding business expectations and requirements, sets a high bar for him/herself, likes to solve problems, is intellectually curious and is an innovator. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when accomplishing challenging projects while partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is a great role for you!
What you'll do
• Lead team Scrum ceremonies and provide Agile guidance
• Collaborate with engineering leads to author and understand JIRA tickets, own and represent the bigger picture for engineering in the context of projects
• Manage multiple resources on complex, high profile projects for the team
• Develop, maintain and effectively execute software development iterations throughout the life of project(s)
• Collaborate with engineering leads and project managers to maintain and evolve team roadmap
• Plan and own internal and external project communications, ensuring effective, regular, exchange of project status and results.
• Identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks to internal and external partners.
• Lead technical feasibility, implementation approach, deployment strategies, and QA efforts within team
• Collaborate with project partners to define scope and objectives, communicating requirements to development teams
• Work with engineering leads to identify and plan for technical advancements and improvements to software for the long term while delivering major projects
• Continue to improve project management process, communication protocols, and operational procedures related to effective, on-time and to-scope software delivery
What to bring
• BS or MS degree in CS related major
• 5+ years of experience in software program management
• Strong experience in Agile software development with expertise in Scrum methodology and practices
• Ability to manage concurrent projects
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to work effectively with people distributed across geographical locations
• Good interpersonal skill and effective written and oral communication skills in English
• Prior experience in video streaming technology
Nice to haves
• Experience working with HLS or DASH streaming
• Experience in web applications
• Experience in cross-ocean collaborations
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7no6q-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.