Software Developer - Recommendation
Through data-driven and AI technology, Discovery Platform helps Hulu viewers find from the vast content library the shows they love to watch.
The DP TPM will steward the cross-functional teams that make all this possible from the planning through implementation, execution and ongoing support. As the voice of the team's work to multiple stakeholder groups, including executives, you will be on the front lines. You'll need to be fluent in both technology and project management best practices.
In this role, you are expected to work with various partners like Product, Marketing-Operations and Engineering teams to coordinate cross-team initiatives that deliver on Hulu's business goals and objectives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
This role will be the primary liaison leading cross-team projects. You will define and clarify program scope, functional requirements, team deliverables, dependencies, time frames, sequence & schedule, escalate and facilitate risk mitigation and provide transparent visibility for project status to all stakeholders.
• Collaborate with multi-functional teams across Hulu to launch new products and features
• Own project timelines and drive deliverables to completion
• Create complete project plans for end-to-end delivery with appropriate documentation
• Partner with technical program managers to monitor the progress of development and ensuring program status is communicated and issues are escalated for mitigation appropriately
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide critical issue management, anticipate and make trade-offs stabilizing the business needs versus constraints
• Act as primary communication liaison with disparate internal stakeholders and external partners
• Facilitate review of upcoming projects to ensure resources are planned for supporting the roadmap of initiatives
• Successfully partner with engineers to resource plan and deftly release products
• Facilitate various meetings, including project status and executive reviews, and coordinate meetings to push a project forward when discussions and decisions are needed
• Facilitate and support the dev team's agile ceremonies to ensure a healthy, informed backlog and sprint-to-sprint delivery
WHAT TO BRING
• 3+ years of experience in project/program or product management within a technical setting
• Bachelor or master's degree in computer science, engineering, or relevant experience
• Working knowledge of software development models, including Agile/Scrum methodologies
• A team player attitude with great integrity and a bias towards action
• Strong, flexible communication to interface across all levels of stakeholders, from upper management, cross-company engineering teams, and business stakeholders
• Experience in communicating with users, operations, product, and development teams to collect requirements