Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Content Management Tools team is seeking a sharp, motivated Senior Software Engineer to help build the portal that is the content backbone of Media Engineering. The team is responsible for the end-to-end technology used to ingest content from over 500 partners and deliver the highest quality video to tens of millions of users. As a part of this team, you will use technologies like React, Webpack, Django, MySQL, Redis, Kafka and native AWS resources such as DynamoDB, SQS, Elasticache, and Elasticsearch.
• Design well-architected solutions and deliver on them with code that is easy to develop and maintain
• Take a user-centric approach to improving our content management systems, tools, and workflows
• Write defensive and robust tests
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• A passion for solving developer bottlenecks and the ability to do so in a React/Webpack/Node ecosystem
• Knowledge of core CS fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms (hashing, trees, graphs, search etc.)
• Fundamental understanding of relational, document, and graph databases
• Experience with browser automation testing (Cypress, Selenium)
• Knack for designing Webpack'd deployments to the cloud (AWS)
• If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply. We want to hear from you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nq8n-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.