Hulu's Database Engineering team is seeking a motivated Senior Software Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. Our team is responsible for building and improving platform-like capabilities, using managed systems as the base layer, for application runtime needs such as data storage, messaging, lambda functions, and feature-flagging to name a few. We are responsible for powering all of Hulu's backend systems from live video delivery to login and billing, serving tens of millions of customers, with aspirations to grow to hundreds of millions.
The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, reliability, and uptime. If you are someone who gets excited with sub-millisecond service response time and has experience building fault-tolerant systems at scale, then this is an excellent role for you. Come join our team and help create amazing application runtime platforms while revolutionizing streaming TV!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build datastores as a service to power our next-generation video services.
• Collaborate efficiently with engineering teams and other partners across Hulu to gather requirements, develop solutions, provide visibility, and drive adoption.
• Own datastore observability.
• Build operational tooling for internal and external customers.
• Proactively keep tabs on the latest industry trends and stay up-to-date on the cutting-edge technologies, to help keep Hulu a leader in the field.
• Have a lot of fun.
WHAT TO BRING
• 4+ years of software development experience designing and building scalable, fault-tolerant, high-uptime distributed systems from the ground up.
• Design knowledge of different database technologies, preferably both relational and non-relational, as it relates to creating DBaaS solutions.
• Strong proficiency in at least one widely used server-side programming language (Golang, Java, Python, etc.)
• Familiarity with Unix/Linux development environments.
• Strong passion for automation, testing, and code quality.
• Motivation to take initiative and own projects.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a team-focused approach towards software development.
• Experience building highly scalable and distributed systems with databases like MySQL/Aurora, Spanner, Couchbase, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, Redis, etc.
• Experience working in a mix of AWS/Cloud and Enterprise data center environments.
• Experience developing and operating infrastructure systems and services.
• Experience working with large-scale real-time systems.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8bey-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.