Hulu's Product Design team is seeking a Sr. Product Designer who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Senior Designer at Hulu, you will help develop new behaviors, features, and improve the usability and utility of existing ones. We're looking for someone who will envision and design experiences that engage, inspire, and delight across mobile, web, and living room platforms.
The ideal person will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for teamwork and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
We're seeking a hardworking Sr. Product Designer who wants to build outstanding features that simplify the lives of our viewers. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you'll use your design sensibility and strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
As a team, we value brave ideas and attention to detail. Our team experiments across our product with the aim of making our product a simpler, faster, more intuitive platform to use. We measure our success in terms of how many new customers we acquire, and how well we retain the customers we have.
We are looking for people that are passionate about working with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation, and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys.
• Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
• Use data collected from research, user testing, and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
• Collaborate with design manager, product manager, and cross-team peers throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
• Act as a quality control on the team and make sure documentations are in top shape before delivering to engineers and QAs
• Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
• Mentor and provide design directions for mid-level designers and associate designers
• Exercise ethical decision-making and do what's best for our viewers
• Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
WHAT TO BRING
• 5+ years in Product Design at a technology company
• Experience designing across multiple Living Room devices (Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Fire TV etc.)
• A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
• A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
• Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
• Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined usable experiences that tackle problems
• A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
• An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
• Experience with experimentation design (A/B, MVT, Usability, etc.)
• Be able to communicate directly with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
• Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
• Entertainment experience either at an agency or in-house creative team desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1p22-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.