The 'Living Room Devices' team at Hulu is responsible for building our modern '10-foot' UI that runs on a number of popular streaming-media devices like the Xbox, PlayStation, Roku, and Fire TV, to name just a few. We are looking for a Release Manager to join our team, where you will help deliver the apps our teams build and push the boundaries of what is possible. We're passionate about building the best TV-watching experience for our users in the living room and we want you to help us do it! Your work will directly impact millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu's business. What will the future of television look like; and will you be a part of it?
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work with all partners in Dev, QA, and Product to assemble cross-organizational project teams, supervising progress and delivering releases
• Track results of all required tests, analyze release blockers, and enable successful resolution
• Continuously evaluate the efficiency of existing processes and procedures of release management and improve practices
• Work with various engineering leads, project managers and QA leads to own the build and deploy process across multiple applications simultaneously
• Manage continuous integration process for Roku, Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, and set-top boxes
• Maintain and develop build management systems (Jenkins, scripts, build servers, etc.)
• Drive standard methodologies for source control, continuous integration and release management.
• Work with systems engineers to stand up and support build server instances
• Help build and maintain testing systems for all applications
WHAT TO BRING
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, be a phenomenal teammate
• 2+ years experience as technical project manager, devops engineer or release manager style role
• 2+ years experience on an agile development team
• Strong understanding of continuous integration principles and practices
• Solid understanding of Jira, Slack and integrating them with a build process.
• Experience building sophisticated apps using yarn and Visual Studio
• Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of agile software development methodologies
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 2+ years proven experience
• Experience distributing builds on Roku Channel Store, Sony DevNet, Microsoft Dev Portal, Samsung Seller Office
• Strong understanding of Jenkins, Git, writing build scripts and distributing builds to both internal assets for testing, as well as to app stores for submission
• Broad understanding of programming structure (makefiles, headers, code) and compilation process (compile, link) experience with multi-platform (Unix, Windows, etc.) build environments
• Demonstrated ability working with large, sophisticated products
• Experience in defining release readiness criteria, ensuring all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk32o8-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.