Disney Streaming (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join the In-App-Purchase (IAP) Activation team.
This team builds and maintains critical infrastructure responsible for supporting Disney streaming media subscriptions.
Our services allow users to seamlessly access Disney content when making a purchase via their devices. We are an agile team, always open to experimentation, as well as the growth and learning that comes from both success and failure. Joining our team means you'll have the opportunity to work with world-class engineers on exciting new products and problems, on the fastest-growing streaming service of all time, alongside a team that is quickly growing into an exciting new domain.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Craft software for backend systems using Scala, Akka, Play, Golang, AWS and more.
• Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process.
• Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
WHAT TO BRING
• You have experience as a leader on your team (formal or informal), and are comfortable both being a strong independent contributor, and supporting your teammates.
• You have strong backend experience with Java, Kotlin or Scala.
• You have an excellent understanding of software development fundamentals, and you aren't dogmatic about technology choices.
• You preferably have knowledge/experience with AWS services (ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, etc.) or other cloud providers.
• You have practical knowledge of relational and/or NoSQL DBs, and RESTful web service development.
• You are comfortable building automated testing at different levels (unit, integration, functional) and building resilient applications that handle failure gracefully.
• You have strong design principles (object oriented or functional).
We are committed to both engineering excellence and personal well-being. Some things you can look forward to as a member of the team:
• Co-workers who are committed to finding the right tools for the job, while leaving their ego at the door
• Focus on never disappointing the customer, even when things go wrong
• High value placed on code quality and understanding the true requirements
• A fanatical drive to build systems so resilient that we never get woken up in the middle of the night
This position can be either in-person (eventually) at one of our offices, or remote. The IAP Activation team has members across the US, and takes a remote-forward approach to our day-to-day to ensure we have the best people for the job, no matter where they are located.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81649-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.