Software Development Engineer in Test (Contractor) - Ad
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking an SDET who will be building test automation for our data and algorithm powered products and backend services. The right person for this role is keen to promoting data value, assuring quality, and solving sophisticated technical challenges. If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking and passionate in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Own e2e test strategy, analyze requirements, build test plan and design test cases spanning from feature, integration, regression, system to performance test for microservices or bigdata solutions
• Build automated and reusable test framework for both frontend and backend components to improve quality and development velocity
• Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments;champion and drive the resolution
• Where vital, develop and execute manual test cases to detect issues that cannot be detected through automated means
• Create and maintain test data for manual and automated testing
• Build quality metrics throughout data lineage and identify quality improvement opportunities for product development
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or BS in computer science, or EE
• 4+ years of experience as an SDET or SDE for quality assurance of backend services, web frontend, and ETL pipelines
• Strong experience in SQL and bigdata e.g. MySQL, Spark, Hadoop, or AWS bigdata tech stack
• Proficiency in at least one of Python, Java, Scala, or other scripts.
• Knowledge of QA methodology and proficiency with development tools e.g. GitHub, Jira, Jenkins and etc.
• Ability to work with program manager, product managers and engineering teams to align acceptance criteria and evaluate testability.
• Quality first demeanor, passion about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• High-reaching spirit of loving autonomy, knowing how to deliver, and longing for the opportunity to build groundbreaking solutions
• Experience with Druid, MemSQL, Kafka, Docker, and etc.
• Experience in developing microservices, bigdata ETL pipelines, and etc.
• Proficiency in both written and oral English
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87596-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.