Hulu's global Video Engineering team is seeking a software developer who will be an exceptional addition to our playback QoS group. As a Software Developer at Hulu, you will be involved in the daily development across teams and the evolvement of Hulu's state-of-the-art intelligent streaming system. If you are someone who wants to play an important role inside the team that does crossover stuff between video streaming technologies and data driven optimizations, then this is a great position for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build and improve the quality of Hulu video playback system, which includes data processing pipelines, high-availability services and more.
• Contribute to development of QoS measurement, QoS optimizations algorithms, QoS issue alerting, and other innovations related.
• Collaborate with multiple teams and workforces to integrate optimizations across all components in video system with the goal of improving playback QoS and drive up user engagement.
• Follow incidents with the team, deriving insights for resiliency and self-healing capabilities into future iterations.
• Regularly review code from peers and provide technical guidance on architecture for continuous improvements and shared knowledge.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor in Computer Science or other related technical field.
• 4+ years software development experience.
• Experience with bigdata stacks and ecosystems in different data infrastructure and environments.
• Experience with CDN and network stack, such as TCP/IP, HTTP/2, QUIC, etc.
• Clear communication, teamwork skills, and ability to build consensus with multiple partners.
• Proficiency in both written and oral English.
• Experience of building, managing and tuning high throughput and highly available systems.
• Experience in video streaming and playback domain, such as ABR, DASH/HLS, etc.
• Experience with industrial toolings, like Docker, AWS, ELK and etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d91qkz-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.