Software Developer - Identity Management (Contractor)
Hulu's Identity Management Team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our engineering team. As a Software Developer at Hulu, you will be the full stack expert working from the UX to the data storage in the authentication and authorization domain. Your daily work is not limited to development, it also includes the work on data analysis, online service maintenance and re-architecture. Your primary responsibility is building out complete first-party and federated login solutions to protect our viewers from unauthorized access, designing defense-in-depth architecture to protect Hulu from internal and external threats, advocating security best practices in the development organization. You will work with all facets of Hulu including the product, user experience, design and program management teams to build out the right services and tools to keep Hulu safe from threats on the inside and the outside. The right person for this role is a quick learner, a practical programmer and has passion and patience on detailed technology to always pursue the best. If you are someone who thrives in a team environment and gains personal satisfaction when sharing knowledge and partnering with teams across Hulu, then this is the perfect role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design, develop and maintain the online services to enhance Hulu's capability in combating internal and external threats
• Establish and drive engineering best practices around agile and quality-focused development with a focus on security
WHAT TO BRING
• BS, MS degree in CS related major
• 2+ years experience in building high performance services
• Strong knowledge of backend technologies (web APIs, microservices, caching systems, database designs)
• Solid knowledge in development language: Java or Scala
• Knowledge of Database or NoSQL.
• Independent, energetic, highly technical, and thrives under pressure and ambiguity
• Familiar with software engineering practices and agile approaches
• Good communication and collaboration skills in English and Mandarin Chinese
• Development experience on cloud like AWS
• Familiar with container technology and web framework Spring Boot, Spring Cloud (Or Play/Akka)
• Familiar with modern web front-end technologies (TypeScript, ReactJS,)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmkme-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.