Hulu's Client Playback Platform team is seeking a Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our team. As a member of our team, you will be working on media streaming playback, quality analysis and improvement for browser-based Hulu client apps. And you will collaborate closely with tens of front-end, back-end, research teams in Beijing and US. If you are someone who enjoys working on projects that have millions of customers and enjoys having direct impact on their experiences, then this is a great role for you.
What you'll do
• Develop and enhance our streaming media player for all web-based device platforms.
• Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation in the whole playback experience.
• Collaborate with variant teams to deliver player features and improve playback quality.
• Maintain best practices for software development and documentation, make sure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on schedules.
What to bring
• 4+ years experience as a developer and strong programming skills.
• Knowledge of the media and adaptive streaming stack, like DASH, HLS, fMP4.
• Good communication, fluent English both verbal and oral.
• Great collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Experience with video players or media framework
• Experience with Web media playback, like MSE/EME, HtmlMediaElement
• Experience with Java or Kotlin.
• Experience with DRM technologies like Playready or Widevine.
• Experience working with Web develop tools, like webpack, babel, npm.