Software Developer - Backend
Software Developer - Backend(Personalization)
Vertical Team at Hulu Beijing is dedicated to integrating sophisticated technologies and algorithms to address real business problems. As an online streaming company, content is one of our core assets. With a rich variety of user scenarios, how to help editors programming high-quality content into these scenarios while balancing business goals and user experience is an exciting problem. We'll need to show the right editorial content to the right users at the right time to maximize the benefit. We work with research teams and marketing teams to apply a variety of Machine Learning algorithms to optimize this goal and increase efficiency. Here, you can experience how your work impact Hulu's core business.
Besides technical skills, we are also striving to build the culture and atmosphere to enhance team members' soft skills and business sense. We consider this as one of the team's core strengths. We believe it would benefit your career.
Now, we are seeking a strong backend engineer who will be an outstanding addition to the team. The right person for this role is a hardworking technology pioneer, a problem solver, and an innovator, with a high bar for him/herself. If you are feeling passionate about improving business by applying professional technical capability, and someone who is not satisfied at just being an engineer, but also want to grow your career by improving diverse soft skills, then this is an excellent role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work with product managers and researchers to define the Machine Learning powered content programming platform;
• Drive cross-team communications and lead end to end feature design and implementation;
• Architect and build services to handle large concurrent traffic with low latency;
• Coach junior engineers;
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields;
• 2+ years of software engineering experience in high traffic and scalable backend systems;
• 2+ years of hands-on coding experiences in one of the following languages: Java, Scala and GO;
• Proven system design ability and OO thinking;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in building recommendation and/or advertising systems;
• Knowledge of using cloud systems like AWS and/or container solutions like Kubernetes, docker;
• Experience of XP, CI/CD;
• Experience in Spark streaming and/or Flink;
• Experience in leading teams.