Hulu's Media Engineering team is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Quality, Targeting & Experience (QTE) team of the Media Engineering (ME) group. QTE is an engineering team ensuring QoS within the media streaming experience. QTE team is composed of software engineers, researchers, product managers, data analysts, and technical program managers. We deliver an analysis of media performance and metrics, thoughtfully researched solutions, and flexible services, models, and data feedback loops in the critical path of media selection and playback. Our work directly influences the selection, stability, and quality of media experience delivered to customers for our products and champions the value of quality of experience, telemetry collection, and analysis in media selection criteria.
You will help lead technical teams to research, analyze and build backend software services for QTE team, which is dedicated to researching and proposing solutions to the overall QTE team's biggest challenges. Through creative research and evaluating hypotheses, the team seeks to provide solutions for QTE and other teams to improve the Quality of Experience during playback of all Disney Streaming products. We expect you are highly analytical and data-driven with an interest in innovation and experimentation. You should be equally comfortable working with the team to establish a sprint backlog, release plan, and deliverables list.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead multiple projects with shifting and contending priorities, own project timelines and drive requirements to completion
• Identify, assess and mitigate risks, provide visibility to management, anticipates and make trade-offs balancing the business needs versus constraints
• Act as main communication liaison with disparate internal stakeholders and external partners
• Lead team Scrum ceremonies and provide Agile mentorship
• Improve team Agile maturity, build-up/strengthen Agile culture & value and supervise overall team health
• Collaborate with engineering leads and program managers to update and evolve team roadmap to align with group goal and roadmap, prioritize team-related program status review with management periodically
• Document team and project assets, lead post mortem and lessons learned
• Continue to improve program management process, communication protocols and operational procedures related to effective, timely and to-scope software delivery
• Share project/program management knowledge, coach and mentor junior TPMs
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor's Degree in CS or a related technical field of software development and project management. MBA is a plus.
• 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
• Proven deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering standard methodologies
• Practical and rational personality, with a succinct communication style, structural and critical thinking is a very strong plus
• Experience running multiple concurrent projects of moderate to high technical complexity
• Experience in communicating with R&D, operations, product & development teams in a globally expansive and multi-culture environment
• Knowledge of Scaled Agile, build and release management is a strong plus
• Proficient in both oral and written English
• Experience in the Video/Media Industry
• Knowledge of QoS and CDN
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn831o-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.