Senior Software Engineer - Video Platform Engineering (Front-end)
As a Sr. Software Engineer for the Video Platform Engineering team, you will help us provide the best in class video experience on browsers, connected devices and STBs pushing the envelope of what is technically possible with the most exciting content in the industry.
We're looking for an engineer who is proficient in web development with an interest in working outside of typical web development environments and frameworks.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
• To work within a strong organization of video experts
• To work on a bleeding edge video player stack
• To work with a world-class team of engineers
• To work in a highly collaborative team environment
• To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a critical member of a team of video platform engineering you are responsible for building out next generation video players and extensions
• Build web player component for content and ads playback
• Build next generation of video players for browser and connected TVs
• Port the video playback stack to new hardware
• Optimize player performance
• Contribute to the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
• Collaborate with other teams internally to resolve issues and facilitate playback integration.
WHAT TO BRING
• Bachelor or above in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 3+ years experience as a developer and strong programming skills.
• An interest in working for video playback
• Experience and ability to learn new technologies and system architectures.
• Good communication, fluent English both verbal and oral.
• Great collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
• Experience with video playback
• Knowledge of the media and adaptive streaming stack, like HLS, fMP4.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwv332-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.