The Data and Analytics team for Disney Streaming, a segment under the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is looking for a Data Engineer. Data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our Marketing Intelligence (MI) Data Tech team is seeking a hardworking Data Engineer with a strong technical background and passion for diving deeper into Big Data to develop state of the art Data Solutions.
The MI team is a comprehensive, global engineering team consisting of software, data, and quality assurance engineers, focused on building and optimizing enterprise-level lifecycle marketing activities by leveraging massive customer data to drive multi-channel targeting strategies.
Our mission is to use data and software to improve marketing efficacy and retention rate across the customer life cycle. We do this by delivering the right information, to the right users, at the right time, and through the right channels. In order to achieve this, we need to ensure that our data platform can provide scalable, real-time and highly-performant data capabilities through batch and streaming pipelines to enable intelligent marketing strategies and a deep understanding of our customers' behaviors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Work on large scale data processing and analysis to improve the efficacy of marketing strategies on the Disney Streaming's business.
• Develop, scale, and optimize the data pipelines and platform components to create a unified customer profile and enable analytics insights.
• Participate in the design, architecture, and implementation of data-engineering infrastructure.
• Develop unit/integration tests and data validations to ensure the quality of code and data
• Continuously optimize service response time and address challenges such as improving service availability and scalability
• Collaborate with product & program managers, researchers, analysts and marketers in an open, creative, and agile environment.
WHAT TO BRING
• 3+ years of professional programming and design experience in object oriented Java/Scala.
• Knowledge of systems/application design & architecture.
• Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies such as Databricks, EMR, S3, Spark.
• Experience deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Redshift, EC2, RDS, CloudWatch.
• Familiarity with graph-based data workflows using tools such as Apache Airflow.
• Knowledge of metadata management, data lineage, and principles of data governance
• You are a problem solver with strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and communication skills
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Familiarity with marketing technology stacks, integrating with ML platforms, experimentation frameworks or full stack development is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp0kbx-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.