The Hulu team in Santa Monica is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our join our Accounting team. The team is responsible for building a state of the art accounting platform for accepting hundreds of thousands of recurring transactions every day and generating journal entries based on various accounting rules. Other responsibilities include tracking various subscription related metrics, integrating with various third party systems for generating/reconciling reports - all while managing scalability and reliability of our homegrown systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Lead design and architecture of our robust and scalable accounting platform
• Building and implementing a large-scale and real-time data process using Spark/Hadoop and AWS infrastructure.
• Serve as a catalyst for leading Agile transformation on the team
• Work closely with Product owners and Technical program managers
• Use a mix of technologies including Scala, Kotlin and Java
WHAT TO BRING
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Proficiency with at least one programming language, preferably Java
• Knowledge of Apache Spark, Hadoop and Kafka
• Experience working with AWS
• Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
• Familiar with databases like mysql, DynamoDB, Postgres, HDFS, Hive
• Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Excellent communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
• Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Strive for excellence and strong analytical skills
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. Hulu is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants if needed during the interview process. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.