Product Manager, Internal Tools
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's DVR Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The team is responsible for building the cloud DVR for Hulu Live TV, enabling our viewers to record their favorite live content and watch it back on demand. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, correctness and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to challenging problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design and develop the large-scale, real-time, reliable and globally available DVR platform.
• Build robust and scalable micro-services and offline processing pipelines.
• End to end ownership of backend services: design, review, build, test, load-test, launch, supervise performance.
• Collaborate with other team members to achieve product and business requirements.
• Use a mix of technologies including Java, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, AWS.
• Challenge our team and software to be even better.
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
• 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience
• Extensive experience building highly scalable, reliable and maintainable services
• The quality-first approach with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Phenomenal communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
• Strive for excellence
• Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms