Manager, Quality Engineering
Hulu's Client Playback Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a member of our team, you will be working on best in class media streaming and advertising experiences in our Hulu apps. The right person for this role loves to code and debug hard problems, loves creating new experiences for passionate TV viewers, and loves working with other. If you are someone who enjoys working on projects that have millions of customers and enjoys having direct impact on their experiences, then this is a great role for you.
What you'll do
• Work on streaming media playback in our cross device platform team.
• Work closely with our team of UX designers, product managers and engineerings around the globe to create best-of-class, delightful, TV-watching experiences.
• Participate in design discussions, code reviews, and roadmap planning.
• Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
What to bring
• 6+ years experience as a developer and strong programming language skills.
• A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
• Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
• Experience with C++.
• Experience with media technologies like DASH, HLS, fMP4 or similar.
• Experience with Direct 3D or OpenGL or similar frameworks.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Experience developing for Playstation, Xbox, FireTV, or similar devices.
• Experience with DRM technologies like Playready or Widevine.
• Experience with Java or Objective C
• Experience working with browser implementations like WebKit, Chromium, or Firefox
• Experience working with HTML5 Media Element
• Experience with multichannel audio technologies like Dolby Digital or DTS