Hulu's Data Platform team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an extraordinary addition to our growing team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will help build our next-generation data analytics platform utilizing the most advanced data technologies. You should be willing to go to the depths to tackle complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. Are you someone who enjoys answering difficult data questions, passionate about near realtime data processing and enjoy the play hard/work hard environment? If so, then this is a great role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Design, architect, develop, scale, and improve the data platform for the entirety of Hulu!
• Implement large-scale high-throughput solutions using technologies such as Kafka, Spark on Hadoop/Hive and help give back to the open source community
• Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems, introduce new technologies
• Diagnose and debug issues in production environments
• Collaborate with product/program managers, software developers and researchers in an open, creative environment
WHAT TO BRING
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of meaningful relevant work experience
• Strong programming (Scala/Java) and shell scripting skills
• Experience with real-time processing technologies like Spark/Storm/Flink
• Experience with Hadoop/Hive
• Experience in cloud big data services and technologies
• Deep knowledge of lambda architecture and data-warehousing concepts
• Self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, and capable of committing to results under pressure and ambiguity
• Experience in Software Development Lifecycle and its activities
• Experience with Couchbase and/or MemSQL
• Experience in JVM profiling and ergonomics
• Experience in Microservices architecture
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines
• Experience in Spring
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2249m-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.