QA Automation Engineer
Hulu’s Apple Playback team is seeking a Senior Software Developer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. As a Senior Software Developer at Hulu, you will contribute to building our iOS and tvOS applications for the App Store, as well as helping to provide technical guidance and sharing of knowledge to other members of the team. The right person for this role can continuously learn and improve to deliver high-quality testable code; while working closely with our product and design teams to deliver a delightful experience to Hulu’s viewers. If you are someone who is excited about making an impact in the Video Streaming space and is passionate about code, then this is a great role for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Build features for both iOS and tvOS in Swift.
• Maintain a high level of code quality with each feature delivery by including unit and integration tests.
• Regularly review code from peers and provide technical guidance on architecture for continuous improvements and shared knowledge.
• Include metrics with every feature designed to measure business goals and advise future improvements.
• Collaborate with other client platform teams to ensure a great user experience for all Hulu viewers.
• Specialize in Apple frameworks such as AVKit to build a world-class application.
WHAT TO BRING
• A desire to learn and grow with the team, while also sharing your own insights.
• You have 5+ years of confirmed experience in iOS software development.
• You have 2+ years of experience in using Swift.
• Can demonstrate an understanding in Computer Science fundamentals.
• An understanding of the benefits of using different design patterns, such as MVC or MVVM.
• You have proven experience in agile processes to help the team be effective and efficient.
• A strong desire to establish and maintain quality code and features.
• Experience with Apple’s AVKit framework and HLS.
• Experience or interest in Test Driven Development.
• Experience or interest in Paired Programming.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 3+ years of equivalent industry experience.