Software Development Engineer in Test
Viewer-first advertising is a strategic imperative for Hulu and Disney. The Beijing Ad Intelligence team's mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of advertising lifecycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-function team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech spectrums ranging from machine learning, bigdata, microservices to data applications. Our team is seeking a senior SDET(Software Development In Test) lead who will be driving the quality engineering(QE) team for test automation and quality improvement. The right person for this role is keen to promoting data value, assuring quality, and solving sophisticated technical challenges. If you are someone who is proactive, inquisitive, and innovative in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Drive development of automated test frameworks and suites on UI, API and integration levels of testing using Python or other OO language
• Participate in design discussions to help evolve products to enable richer testing scenarios and simplify defect detection and prevention
• Drive the conversion of manual tests to automated whenever possible
• Lead to diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis for issues in production or test environments
• Establish standard methodologies and industry leading practices for QE
• Build quality metrics throughout data lineage and identify quality improvement opportunities for product development
• Recruit and mentor team members, and guide their career development
WHAT TO BRING
• MS or BS in computer science, or EE
• 10+ years of proven track record as an SDET or SDE for quality assurance of backend services, web frontend, and ETL pipelines
• 5+ years of QA lead or QA architect experience
• Proficiency in at least one of Python, Java, Scala or other scripts, and development tools e.g. GitHub, Jira, Jenkins and etc.
• Strong experience in SQL and bigdata e.g. MySQL, Hadoop, or AWS bigdata stack
• Quality first demeanor, loving autonomy, and being able to operate optimally in ambiguous circumstances
• Passion about technology, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• Ability to work with program manager, product managers and engineering teams to align acceptance criteria and evaluate testability
• Proficiency in both written and oral English
• Experience in digital video advertising or digital marketing domain
• Experience with Druid, MemSQL, Kafka, Docker, and etc.
• Experience in developing microservices, bigdata ETL pipelines, and etc.