We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our team. As a Program Manager, you will act as a liaison between TPM, Product Design, Product Management, Software Development, Operations, Marketing, and Sales departments (''The Partners''). You will be embedded with the Enterprise Product Design team and play a key role in establishing a robust program around the impactful products they design. Example projects include a B2B product for businesses to run their own ad campaigns on Hulu and an internal tool for running experiments in the core apps. The right person for this role has a passion for and knowledge of design thinking and the personality to lead multi-functional departments in a successful design program that runs across Hulu, Disney+, and a lot more!
What you'll do
• Partner with Enterprise Product Design Managers to co-run a team of designers: set clear goals, manage bandwidth, allocate designers accordingly, ensure commitments are met, and maintain the integrity of the team backlog.
• Promote a healthy work-life balance and put the wellness of the team first.
• Encourage and drive collaboration between The Partners and ensure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
• Identify design team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc. Implement and drive required changes to make sure designers can be most efficient.
• Partner with Enterprise Product Design Managers to maintain an ongoing roadmap, taking into account a designer's career desires and company-wide priorities.
• Collaborate with The Partners to institute design processes and cross-functional collaboration models and ensure a smooth product development process.
• Develop and refine metrics that help gauge the happiness and health of the design team.
• Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads regarding design status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities.
• Identify risks, prioritize and collaborate with partners to resolve in a timely manner.
• Ensure the design teams in all offices are in collaboration with one another and all working toward a consistent design throughout the team's products.
What to bring
• 5+ years experience in running a team in a program management role.
• Experience in user-centered design process, methodologies, and standards.
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical partners.
• Experience working within engineering organizations and keeping them updated on design progress.
• Proactiveness in operational improvements within and outside of your team.
• Ability to work with a distributed team, facilitating tight communications in spite of time zone differences.
• Ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, and tackle problems.
• Familiarity with design tools and technologies, as well as delivery formats.
• Working knowledge of project management software and Agile framework
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Human-Centered Design or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience and passion working with complex software applications
• Loves film, tv and/or music
• Enthusiasm for streaming products, design thinking and genuine advocacy for our viewer experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj86qw-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.