Hulu's Strategic Programming & Engagement (SP&E) Product team is responsible for driving engagement and acquisition by using our product capabilities to program and deliver the best user experience for each of our 40M+ viewers. The SP&E team ensures that we optimally mix content curation with personalization, all using the right presentation and in the right context. Our ultimate goal is a functional programming strategy that is in seamless harmony across our subscriber base as well as all of our partner teams at Hulu. In other words, we succeed when we simultaneously make our viewers happy while also meeting myriad business goals and objectives. We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who will own and drive a segment of our programming strategy while partnering across the company to drive consensus and alignment, build new capabilities, and continuously test and iterate.
With proven experience digging into data and analytics, our ideal candidate will wish there were more hours in the day to test out their next hypothesis. The right person for this role understands that programming is not a zero-sum game, even though sometimes it may seem that way. In turn, you must be able to navigate strong personalities and opinions with compassion and collaboration. You will be partnering across many levels within the organization, and as such, your ability to communicate and influence effectively is absolutely necessary.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Own and drive a critical new segment of our programming strategy, starting from scratch
• Work directly with Hulu's Programming Steering Committee to develop, enhance, and evaluate elements of the strategy as they progress from concept to production
• Partner closely with Content Programming leadership to document and distill content programming use cases into new product requirements
• Collaborate with Product Managers in our Consumer Experiment Management and Personalization teams to define product requirements and drive your roadmap priorities through their constituent teams and workstreams
• Leverage analytics and insights to propose and implement effective programming optimizations
• Collect and synthesize top-level engagement metrics and regularly present and share with the wider Hulu Product team
WHAT TO BRING
• A minimum of 5 years experience in product management or 5+ years experience driving strategy for digital media/streaming businesses
• A demonstrated passion for analytics and a willingness to dive really deep into the data
• A consistent track record of delivering product features and optimizations that drive engagement
• Experience with user segmentation and cohort analysis
• A strategic mind, always with a view further out than anyone else in the room
• A tried ability to find creative compromises in challenging circumstances
• A history of establishing and maintaining successful cross-functional relationships
• Excellent communication and presentation abilities
• A sense of humor
• M.B.A. or Masters Degree in a relevant field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm8z0-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.